Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh that storm? Welcome to Thursday.

I'm all for a good sky-cracking-open Orlando thunderstorm but today's... I wasn't a fan of.

I decided to leave early for work and have lunch at Rainforest Cafe. When we left the apartment it looked like it was going to rain, by the time we got to the bus stop, it started sprinkling, half way to Downtown Disney it was pouring. Lightning, thunder, the whole thing! A lifeguard got on at Typhoon Lagoon with no shirt on because he had to use it to run through the rain. He had amazing abs, but it wasn't like I wanted to rawr those abs, I wanted to know how he got them. I'm convinced I'm a boy stuck in a girl's body sometimes...

Anyway, by the time we got to DTD, it was insane. Not only was it raining really hard and not only was there like a 3 second gap between lightning and not only was the thunder sky cracking loud... but the entire parking lot was flooded. I went to costuming to see if I could get new socks, but they don't carry socks. Crap. So we just walked through puddles to Nick's Place. The worst puddle was right in front of my leader's offices, it didn't look like a deep puddle but it was deep enough to reach my husband's calf! So we went around and he had to carry me through the other puddles. OMG, insane. By the time we got to Nick's; my socks, shoes, jacked and bag were all super soaked. To make it worse, my bag apparently doesn't repeal water so everything in my bag got soaked too. Including my work shirt and my apron. I'm surprised my phone and iPod didn't suffer from water damage.

Ended up just eating lunch at Nick's. Which wasn't too bad, Nick got to meet my husband lol! 

Went to work and just like I suspected, the A/C was on full blast. I was freeeezing my butt off. Kim was trying to assure me that it wasn't that cold. Until I told her I was anemic and I spent the first 3 hours of my shift doing dishes and staying as close to hot water as possible. But still, I couldn't feel my hands and my feet. I didn't get my break until 3 hours after and decided to just ROS since they wouldn't ER me. I was literally shivering. Kim was offering hugs to warm me up but at that point I was just really really cold. 

I love Florida and I love the thunderstorms, but I can not wait to go back to California weather. This storm and these hours are starting to burn me out.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com