Saturday, February 19, 2011

Horrible.

I was pretty excited to be able to work D-Street yesterday. Like I've mentioned, I'm a huge fan of Vinylmation's. And for the most part, I was having a rather fantastic day. The girls I worked with (and guys) were really nice and welcoming and helpful. I had fun sharing the surprise with guests when they opened their mystery boxes and trading with them and figuring out the science behind Vinylmation. I also got to talk to a guy who designed a few Vinylmation's himself that we have in our glass case.

However.

When it came to closing, that's when the day started to go bad. It might not be a big deal but the vending machine took my $5 so I didn't have dinner. I had two bags of chips and half an Almond Joy (and when husband and I went back after my shift to get my stuff from the locker -- which is ghetto and so is the bathroom -- my $5 wasn't stuck in the machine anymore, someone took it!). 

The closing manager wasn't very friendly. She's a bit demanding and she talks indirectly to you which I find rude especially when she's ordering you to do something. If you're going to order me to do something, at least look at me when you're talking to me. If there's four of us in the room, how do we know WHO you're talking to? So I go straighten up the store and I go into the back room and manager goes "You. Take out the trash." I've never worked in this location before, I don't know how things go. She got mad at me for opening a roll of nickles 15 minutes before closing (I only had 5 nickles left) but at my main location, we're require to open all the rolls of coins so I thought it was okay. It would be nice if the managers let us know how things work in THEIR store instead of ASSUMING we know. Cause we don't!

So I gather the trash and I tell her I don't know where it goes. She does her indirect talking again and tells me that it goes over by Disney Quest. Okay? So... do I just leave it next to the Disney Quest building?? So she tries telling me where to go and which doors to go through and which turns to make... uhm? If you see behind Disney Quest, it's like a maze back there. It's 12:30AM, do you think I really care about the directions you're giving me? Especially after the way you're talking to me? No. I don't.

So she tells me to wait for someone from the zone to show me. So I'm waiting at the door. Like she told me to.

Next thing I hear is yelling and boxes being thrown around. My co-worker who was standing by that door was telling the manager that I've never been to this location and even she didn't know that the boxes had to go out. And so she motions for me to get over there and the managers like, messing up all the boxes and telling me it has to go out. You know, you could have just kindly told me that the boxes need to go out too.

It's just insane. There aren't any managers in this zone that you really want to be in the room with. They're all really grumpy and irritated all the time. And that's pretty sad. I can't wait to go back to my main location. I'm going to give every manager and coordinator a big huge hug and tell them to never leave me.

Husband and I decided we won't be extending. While I think the college program is an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity, some things just aren't really worth dealing with more than once. 

I'm not looking forward to the rest of this weekend since it's suppose to be busy cause of some holiday. Then there's inspections (gosh this week sucks) and I just got done scrubbing down the stove and the counters in the kitchen. I moped the bathroom and front door area yesterday, husband moped the kitchen a few hours ago. I need to tidy up the living room and our room, vacuum and get the trash and laundry ready for tomorrow so things will go smoothly. I also need to get ready for work soon. Fantastic. Just fantastic. 

I'm gonna buy myself a Vinylmation or two. And plan a spa weekend. I deserve it.

I'm also going to be starting "Eating Around The World" at Epcot! I don't know if I'll make a different blog for that or keep it here.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com