Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Extension approved!

About a week or two ago emails went out for anyone who wanted to extend their program who were leaving in May. Both my husband and I applied to extend and they were both approved! I decided to stay in my current role/location while husband decided to transfer from Attractions to Merchandise and he got approved. Yay!!! So instead of leaving in May, we're now leaving in August! 

I was trained in Candy Cauldron a few days ago. It's not rocket science but it is going to take some getting use to to know everything that's going on. Remembering all the fudges and what goes in them mostly. I thought I'd hate it there -- all of my co-workers talk about how much they hate it but it's actually kind of fun. I love how fast paced it is, I just hate how small the work area is. Since I'm staying until August, I'm going to ask if I can be kitchen trained so I can make caramel apples! 

Okay, kind of silly but...ever since I was a kid, the candy store in Main Street at Disneyland has always been my favorite store in the entire park (well besides maybe Pooh's Corner, but only because they have caramel apples there too) and I always thought it would be awesome to work at a Disney candy store. And to actually work in one now? It's just amazing. Seriously, amazing.

The downside to this week though.... is that in January when I got here I requested days off for my birthday. Which were approved. But since I switched job locations, they took them back because I didn't re-submit them since they "don't travel with me". Keep in mind, NO ONE told me this. So when I checked my schedule for next week and saw that I don't have my birthday requested days off, that kinda irritated me. I'm going to try to talk to my scheduling manager tonight and see if they can fix it. That's totally not fair. I'm glad I didn't attempt to go home, I woulda been pissed. I really don't want to call out that day so I hope this is all fixed before next week.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com